Skip to main content

My Favorite Star Wars Moments (1-10)

Here's my top Ten.....may the force be with you.....
             I.      Obi Wan defeats Darth Vader- This is the #1 moment, well I’m actually referring to the entire duel which was beautifully done in Revenge of the Sith. A suit-less Darth Vader goes at Obi Wan Kenobi, a powerful Jedi master. Obi wan owned General Grievous but this proves that Anakin/Vader was a much tougher opponent. At the duel’s conclusion Obi gets the high ground and dares his adversary to still fight him. Anakin does, and pays for it dearly, losing another arm and both his legs….and on top of that he is burned very badly at the foot of a mustafar lava river….talk about a bad day. Obi Wan is disgusted but clearly does not want to kill Anakin, he simply lets the force decide….some 19 years later Vader gets his revenge…..EPIC DUEL!


          II.      Anakin throws the Emperor to his death- I absolutely love this moment…it’s almost enough to bring me to tears….Darth Vader finally died and Anakin came back. He realized that Palpatine had basically ruined his life, or maybe he already knew that….but he wasn’t about to let Palpatine kill his son with Force lighting. Anyways this is such an awesome moment. Anakin saved his son’s life at the cost of his own. Hence the name Return of THE jedi.


       III.      Luke finds out that Darth is his father- Yeah its not #1, but it made my top 3 so stuff it lol. Like most of the people who saw Empire Strikes Back I was absolutely blown away by this revelation. After all Luke’s motivation for being a jedi knight was to avenge the death of his father Anakin by the hands of Lord Vader. What Luke finds out that Obi wan kinda sort of lied to him. Oh wait yea I forgot “what I told you was true, from certain point of view”-Obi Wan lol.

       IV.      Mace Windu is killed by Palpatine- Okay before seeing the movie, I knew(and im sure all of you knew) that Mace was going to die….and yes the powerful Jedi Master got the best death. There’s been a lot of discussion about this moment. I think that Windu beat him…but It’s obvious that Palpatine/Darth Sidious was going to put his faith in Anakin to back him up. If Anakin weren’t there I think Sidious would have fled.

          V.      The blowing up of the 2nd Death Star- This was a pretty epic moment. The rebels complicated plan finally succeeds and they get fighters to go into the core of unfinished Death Star. Of course the Millenium Falcon’s narrow escape makes this a hell of a moment. Lando: “YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!”

       VI.      Darth Sidious fights Yoda- An epic battle that was actually for the future of the galaxy, yet noone really saw it happen. Yoda and Sidious fight in the Galactic Senate building. Sidious throws the Senate platforms at Yoda, showing that he really doesn’t care about the Senate at all. Yoda makes him lose his lightsaber(which is not shown) but the clever Sith Lord makes it a duel of the force…which apparently Yoda couldn’t win.

    VII.      Anakin turns to the darkside- Okay you’re probably wondering why this isn’t higher up. Well truth be told its an epic moment, and that’s what I’m putting as #6, the moment right after Mace Windu’s death. The scene has excellent dialogue. You could tell that Palpatine had been waiting for this moment for a long time.



 VIII.      Hoth Battle- This battle is epic. It’s just filled with great dialogue, but of course the action is what makes the scene. Its really just a beat down by the Imperial army. The rebels really didn’t have much chance here. Vader leads the assault into the Rebel base after its defenses are torn to shreds..


       IX.      The duel between Yoda and Count Dooku- This duel was funny. Noone expected Yoda to be a great duelist although that would only have made sense. Yoda holds his own, but Dooku escaped by putting a pillar over the injured bodies of Anakin and Obi wan. I have no doubt that Yoda was going to win the duel if it weren’t for that.

          X.      When Luke sees Anakin’s apparition in ROTJ- This was a major surprise. But then again it wasn’t. Anakin appears beside Obi and Yoda. In the remake version you see a young Anakin as opposed to the old Anakin. It’s a touching moment to see Anakin finally at peace. Luke sure seemed please no matter which version you watch.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area