Skip to main content

In Depth Review: Eminem Recovery

Opening Opinion:9/10
It’s time for another In Depth Review. This time it’s Eminem’s Recovery album which is his 2010 outing. It’s a very strange Eminem album. For one there’s not skits, and very little graphic pictures painted in his lyrics which is odd if you just listened to Relapse. It’s just Em spitting hard bars over varied production.


The album 2nd song is “Talkin 2 Myself” featuring Kobe. It’s a great song that basically sums up the whole album. Em talks about his best friend’s passing and how much he misses him. He also addresses his drug issues and him being a father. The 1st song is typical Eminem; “Cold Wind Blows” which features some great lines from the white rapper. “On Fire” is a good track as well, even if some of Em’s punchlines are corny. “I’m so fuckin sick I got ambulances pullin me over and shit.”

“Won’t Back Down” featuring Pink is an excellent song. It’s very odd to see her featured here, but like I said its not a typical Em album. He spits over the rock fueled beat easily. “W.T.P.” or White Trash Party is likely to make you jam or hit the skip button. Its not a great song, but its not bad either. On “Going Through Changes” Em spits more on his recovery process in his life. You kind of feel sad for him as he spits, “I’m debating on leaving this world…” I used to skip this song a lot but it’s solid. I really like the old school rock sounding chorus too.

If you know Eminem then you probably know that he always has the usual track or lead single on his albums, like “The Real Slimshady” or “We Made You”. Here that is not the case. “Not Afraid” is his triumphant motivational song. I love the chorus and Em spits with that intensity that matches the song. “Seduction” is weird song. I used to not like it. A verbal seduction is what it is…Em is basically dissing another rapper and saying he’s stealing his girl at the same time. Sheesh. “Homeboy you better get a clue, She’s on my dick cause I spit better than you!” That’s a cold line. I like the chorus however.

“No Love” is my favorite song on this album. Lil Wayne joins him here as the only guest rapper. Wayne does a good job too. I love the chorus/sample here I mean I really love it man. It Samples Haddaway’s “What is Love”. Eminem spits a dope ass verse that almost makes you forget Weezy had said anything lol. Em raps about the end of a relationship on “Space Bound”. It’s a good song. “Love spelled backwards is Evil” he raps. I like the chorus.  “Cinderella Man” is another triumphant song. He raps about himself like he’s a goddamn legend. Well I guess Eminem is a legend at this point. Interestingly enough he disses his own album, Relapse, here. Yeah odd right lol.

Now “25 to Life” isn’t one of my favorite tracks but you got to give it a chance. I don’t really like the chorus that much. The beat is hot. It’s not a Dr Dre beat which most of the beats here aren’t. However, at the end of the song you find out Em isn’t rapping about a girl, but Hip Hop itself. Wow. DOPE. “So Bad” Is a Dr. Dre production. It’s a bit corny but effective. “Almost Famous” is a dope track. He gives you a rundown on how he gained fame, but this song is really about a diss to another rapper. “I stuck my dick in this game like a rapist. They call me Slim Roethlisberger” Good lord! Lol.




At the end of the album you get this gem, “Love The Way You Lie” which features Rihanna. Its an incredibly emotional song about a relationship leading to domestic abuse. Rihanna’s chorus is perfect. I like the beat too. Check out Rihanna’s Loud album for the excellent part 2 of this song. Now “You’re Never Over” Is a good song but kinda on the corny song. It’s dedicated to his best friend Proof. It’s a song that you will like if you can relate to. “Untitled” Is a dope ass song but it’s not really about anything. I like the beat though. “Y’all are so motherfuckin full of shit that ya stopped up!” raps Eminem.



Lyrics
25
Beats
23
Depth
23
Tilt
23
Revised Verdict: 9.4

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area