Skip to main content

From Worst to Best: T.I.

The King of the mother***in south shawty. Lets' look at the kingly albums from worst to best.



10)         No Mercy-69: No Mercy is his worst album by far. It has decent production but he comes off as lazy and uninspired. Its like he wants you to feel sorry for him and that’s just not kingly at all.There are some gems tho, like “That’s All She Wrote” and “Amazing”. This album was originally titled King Uncaged…thank God he changed it. Top Tracks: Welcome to The World, No Mercy, Amazing, That’s All She Wrote.

9)  I’m Serious-80: This is his actual first album, and every true T.I. fan knows it. This album isn’t bad but its not great either. It sounds extremely dated. It came out in 2001. Its nice hearing a young TIP tho. Top Tracks: Dope Boyz, I’m Serious, Do It.

8)     T.I. vs TIP-83: I really like this album but there’s a lot of flaws. It gets off to a strong start then gets really uneven. The TIP part of his personality is first then you get the T.I. part, then you get a mixture of both LOL. Think the album comes off sounding like an expansion of his incredible King album. Definitely give this one a spin. TT: You Know What It Is, Big Shit Poppin, Hurt, Show It To Me, Tell Em I said That.


7)  Urban Legend-87: Unless I am mistaken this was the 1st album of his I owned. I really like this one as the songs are really cohesive. This was really the first time he said he was King of the South, but he didn’t really prove it till King lol. The first 4 songs are 4 of his best. The love songs come off as very corny but all in all good album. TT: Motivation, U Don’t Know Me, ASAP, Bring Em Out.



6)      Trap Musik-88: Some fans call this T.I.’s best album…For the time it was really dope. Also most of the songs are good. The production is pretty good as is his lyricism. I really like the singles here. The last 3 songs sound a little too similar. This is the album that got his name out there. TT: Rubber Band Man, 24s, Let’s Get Away, Look What I Got, Be Easy.

5) Trouble Man Heavy is the Head-90: This album might be the one no one really talks about. It is solid. It’s like after No Mercy, T.I. wanted to get back to his old styles…and he did, but he combined it with his new style of course. The guest features are all really good which some include P!nk, Andre 3000, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, and Lil Wayne. Some songs are obviously filler tho like Addresses. TT: Sorry, Ball, Guns And Roses, Hello. 

4)         Us Or Else: Letter to the System-92: The newest T.I. album, UoE was actually a solid mixtape before he released this full length album. It’s about injustice in America. It’s a great album. I don’t really have a lot to say about it at this time. TT: We Will Not, Black Man, Switchin Lanes, 40 Acres.

3)   Paperwork-92: The sequel to the excellent Paper Trail album, Paperwork is fire. T.I. just sounds rally invigorated on it. There’s a ton of guest spots, but most really add to album. The album is very cohesive too. It is not without flaws. The album kinda loses steam after the midway point. Strong Young Thug verse on “About the Money” lol. All In all it’s a worthy sequel. TT: G’Shit, New National Anthem, Oh Yeah, About My Issue, No Mediocre.




2)   King-96: This one is really special because it was not only his best album(for 2 years) but it also has his best song, “What You Know”. In fact the first 5 songs are just incredible. Of course you’d expect the 2nd half to fall a bit, and it does. The production is amazing as is his lyricism. With this album rivals like Lil Flip…and dare I say even Ludacris were made to recognize the king of the south. TT: King Back, What You Know, Front Back, Top Back, Live In the Sky, Why You Wanna, I’m Talkin To You.

1)      Paper Trail-97: I am not alone in my scoring this as his best album. Rapreviews.com also did. But anway I just feel it’s executed really really well. Why is that? Well T.I. talks about really personal things here like on songs like “Ready For Whatever” and “NO Matter What”. There is filler, but not much. The production is also really dope. And the guest features are all really well used. TT: No Matter What, I’m Illy, Live Your Life, Whatever You Like, Dead and Gone, Swagga Like Us.
·      


Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area