Skip to main content

Best Rapper Ever Tournament: Round 1 (Bracket D)

S1)2pac vs. S8) Rick Ross
Flow: Now Ross is a much-improved flower but, come one Pac wins this category (10-0)
Creativity: Ross is a creative MC but Pac takes it again (20-0)
Storytelling: Need I repeat myself. Pac tells a story rather is easily and effortlessly. Ross has work to do in this category. (30-0)
Impact: Pac wins this one too sheesh! (40-0)
Collaboration: I gotta admit Ross is more potent guest mcing than Pac. I mean let Ross win something sheesh! LOL. (40-10)
Versatility: Tie here. Both rappers are really versatile. (45-15)
Albums: Tough one. Ross has a lot of good albums, Pac not so many. Im giving another tie. (50-20)
Commercial Success: Pac wins again. Hes sold more than most rappers(If not all) in this tournament. (60-20)

With 60 Points Pac advances easily over Ross.

S2)The Game vs. S7)50 Cent
Flow: Game wins but not by much here. (10-0)
Creativity: I’m going to say tie. 50 Cent is more creative than people realize. (15-5)
Storytelling: 50 can storytell a lil bit but Game can a lot. (25-5)
Impact: This is tough. I’m going to give this to 50. I think overall he’s been more influential. (25-15)
Collaboration: Another tough one. Both are really dope collaborators. Tie. (30-20)
Versatility: Damn this is a tough battle! Tie. Both rappers are extremely versatile! (35-25)
Albums: Game and its not close. Not at all. He’s got 3 excellent documentaries. 50 has Get Rich or Die Tryin. That’s all. Lol. I’m joking he has more than that but come on son. (45-25)
Commercial Success: 50 wins this one pretty easily… His first 2 albums combine for a wopping 11 million records! (45-35)

With 45 points Game barely advances over Fitty.

S3)Drake vs. S6)Logic
Flow: Ooo this battle will be TOUGH. Logic wins here but not by much. Yes not by much. (0-10)
Creativity: Hmm well. I’m going to give this to both rappers. Both are really creative. (5-15)
Storytelling: Damn man. I say uhhh I say uhhh. Both rappers are decent here so tie. (10-20)
Impact: Drake by a mile. His impact on the rap game is there all day and evident. (20-20)
Collaboration: Drake by another mile. Sheesh! He’s just got more going on collaboratively. (30-20)
Versatility: Tough but honestly I say tie. Why? Drake is very very versatile. But honestly Logic is too. (35-25)
Albums: This should be interesting. Both rappers have great discographies. However I’m giving the edge to Logic so omg its tied overall! (35-35)
Commercial Success: Ah Drake Drake Drake! He sells a whole lot and Logic does not so there you go. (45-35)

Drake wins barely. 6 God indeed! 45 beats 35 lol.

S4)T.I. vs. S5)Lupe Fiasco
Flow: Lupe wins but not by much. (0-10)
Creativity: Lupe takes an early lead whoa. (0-20)
Storytelling: Damn Lupe is up big is it over? (0-30)
Impact: T.I. wins here. My god I’m worried. Can he catchup? (10-30)
Collaboration: T.I. Wins again. His guest features always pack a punch. Lupe here and there. (20-30)
Versatility: T.I. wins 3 categories in a row. He is like Jay Z, very VERSATILE. (30-30)
Albums: Hmm gotta break this down. Lupe has a classic, and 2 borderline classics. T.I. has 2 near classics himself. I say tie. (35-35)
Commercial Success: Uh oh..the tie breaker. Simply put, T.I. albums have sold much much more. So there you go. King by itself went 2x plaitinum! (45-35).


That was a funny battle, but T.I. wins by slim margin with 45 points.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area