Skip to main content

God Of War Games Ranked

God of War Ranked

Okay I love God of War games. I have beaten all the main games, but honestly I only own 1-3 at the moment. I consider the PSP games a firm step down, and God Of War Ascension would be 4th on this list so there you go. Let’s see which of these essential hack and slash games is the best. Also I cannot wait for the GOW reboot coming this year in 2018.



3) God of War (9.5)
The first game came out in 2005. It really is a great game. I remember standing up and playing this the first time, I played it….and consequently yelling at the TV with excitement. The game has amazing gameplay and it’s very cinematic in certain parts. The quick time events are well done and honestly, I had never played a game like it before. So why is it 3rd? Well there’s only 3 boss fights…but each boss is very challenging. The difficulty on certain parts is almost unfair. An example would be some of the underwater sections and the dreaded tower of spikes in Hades.  The enemy variety is good too. The final sequence to get to Aries is very very hard. How about them boss fights? Well the first one is pretty easy. After that tho the bosses border on almost unbeatable lol. I found the magic in the game to be pretty good also. This is where it started folks.

2) God of War II (9.85)
So how do you top a terrific game in less than 2 years? Well in 2007 they figured out how to do just that. This game is so much more epic. The gameplay remains intact, albeit slightly refined. You now have the ability to trigger the special rage move unlike in the first game. You also get 2 additional weapons to use, but I found them utterly useless hahaha. The magic is cool, but maybe the first game had better magical selections. A lot of what makes this game better is the narrative. It seems more grand scale than the first game. A lot of enemies make their return here too like undead soldiers (classes 1,2, the dreaded 3), harpies, Cyclops, and gorgons. The game’s boss fights are really dope and there’s more of them than any other GOW game to date. Thus the pacing is great. My favorite is the Sisters of Fate its an epic long fight that culminates into a 2 on 1. The Zeus fight at the end is pretty hard, but so rewarding (although it doesn’t accomplish anything). There’s a Star wars esq revelation too that I wont spoil here. All in All GOW2 was the standard for a while…
1) God of War III (10)

Well we’ve already established that GOWII was a near perfect game but honestly 3 is better in almost every way. For starters it looks a lot better due to the advanced hardware of the PS3. Then there’s the fact they revamped the gameplay. You can now use items which can be repeatedly used as long as you let the bar regenerate. The magic is cool too, but its now analogous to one of the game’s 4 weapons. This time the extra weapons are all useful and cool(except the last one really lol). There are new enemies too like the Chimera which are formidable foes. Sadly the dreaded class 3 undead soldiers are nowhere to be found here. The boss fights are primarily the gods of Olympus, but there are some other bosses like that giant scorpion boss. This game is has great pacing and a very large sense of scale. While GOW Ascension would match this scale that game is just too unoriginal for me….but honestly maybe its just because it came after this masterpiece. The boss fights are some of the best in gaming. My favorite 3 would be Poseidon, Hades, and Cronos. The latter of those boss fights is unreal how amazing it is. The final boss…Zeus is interesting but sort of too long and not as good as GOW2’s Zeus fight imo. Overall this is the best GOW game to date and I honestly don’t think it can be topped. We’ll see how good GOW 2018 is.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area