Skip to main content

Favorite Marvel Movies and Ranking

This is a ranking of my favorite Marvel movies.




12) Thor (8.25)-Thor 1 was really good. I liked how it introduced the main character and main antagonist Loki. I think this movie holds up pretty well too. There’s not really a whole lot of action as far as MCU movies go. Thor would later become my favorite hero of the MCU…barely.

11) Iron Man (8.5)-The movie that started it all was a really good film. The movie had a slight plot twist near the end regarding who the real villain was. It’s amazing that if this movie had bombed there might not have been a MCU. No The Incredible Hulk don’t really count even tho they mention it.

10) Iron Man 3 (8.75)- I think I enjoyed IM3 the most of the 3. It just had so  much going on…and an unexpected plot twist regarding who’s the real villain. Iron Man 2 was pretty lame but ultimately not the worst of the MCU. Tony Stark is definitely a really likeable protagonist.

9) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (9)- I didn’t like Guardians 1 that much till I went back and watched it again at a later date. Ultimately tho I really enjoyed Vol. 2. It just seemed to be less all over the place. I really liked the end battle too. The movie was pretty funny too. That intro with Groot dancing was dope too.

8) Captain America The Winter Soldier (9)-This movie is often hailed by many as the best of the MCU. I disagree but I do like it. It’s cerebral and thought provoking. Cap just doesn’t quite know who to trust here due to….”Hail Hydra” lol. This time there’s no aliens or nothin like that but this movie was still an improvement over the first one.

7) Avengers Age of Ultron (9)-AoU was really good imo. It introduced some new characters like Vision and Wanda. Ultron was a decent villain who kept quoting stuff. There was a good amount of action here and a great final battle kinda of like in the first Avengers. Ultimately it gets the nod above Winter Soldier even tho I scored both movies the same.

6) Thor Ragnarok (9.25)- Thor 3 is terrific. Especially since Thor 2 was probably the MCU’s worst film yet. This movie is an action comedy and man it just works. The new villain is great. She’s super powerful and Sacar is a great part of the movie as well. Ultimately its fun to see Loki be a good guy again for once. Thor is terrific here. I think its after this one that I started to like him the most of any MCU hero.

5)Captain America Civil War (9.25)-Civil War feels a lot like Avengers 2.5. It has so many other characters here. The conflict between team Cap and team Iron Man is just awesome. The same can be said about the duel between Iron Man vs. Cap and Buckey. The inclusion of a new Spiderman seemed risky at the time but the kid did well. Unlike other movies in the MCU there is no super powerful villain. Regardless it works out.

4) Marvel’s The Avengers (9.5)-For years this was Marvel’s best film. It just had everything. Great inclusion of new characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow. Loki returns as the main villain and he does well. Its just really awesome to see Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man all in one film. This movie had great pacing as well.

3) Black Panther (9.9)-You knew at some point you’d see this film. Black Panther is just better than most MCU movies. Its got great action, humor, and pacing. I don’t feel it’s a perfect film but its damn close. T’Chala is a terrific protagonist and Killmonger is just as a great a villain. The atmosphere of this movie is just amazing.

2) Avengers Infinity War (9.9)-Let’s just say this was what the MCU was building towards. As with Avengers 1 & 2, it was just so cool to see so many characters interact with each other. Newcomers like Doctor Strange and Spiderman linked up with Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy. This movie blew me away. A lot can be said about the “new” villain Thanos. He’s a great villain and his crew are pretty tough too. When this movie ended I found myself wanting more. Luckily it was a cliffhanger. The movie is literally perfectly paced. There’s minimal scenes of talking then action.

Before #1 Let’s look at some Honorable mentions: Captain Marvel (8.25), Spiderman Homecoming (8), Antman (8)

1)      Avengers Endgame (10/10)-Avengers Endgame is the follow up to Infinity War and its absolutely terrific. After watching our heroes take a massive L in IW I was curious to see how they would bounce back. I’ll try to avoid spoilers but the movie just feels like the perfect goodbye to the MCU, even if it actually isn’t. Great pacing and just enough action to round out the movie.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area