Skip to main content

My Favorite Pop Albums (As of 2023) List

1.     Justin Timberlake-Future Sex Love Sounds-To be honest I didn’t go back and forth on what was my favorite Pop album like i did R&B. To me this was a clear favorite of favorites. I remember when I got this album in 2007. Clicked immediately. I like every song except the last song. “Sexy Back” and “My Love” are classics. Did I mention the production on this album from TImbaland. Oh man is it great. “LoveStoned” and “Until the End of Time” are also classics. So even amongst my favorite albums in the genre, this one reigns supreme. 

2.     Britney Spears-Blackout-Not Britney’s best album but its really one of my favorites. Songs like “Gimme More” and “Break the Ice” are terrific. “Radar” is another good one.This is just one of my favorite albums plain and simple. The production is cohesive and Britney does great on these beats. 

3.     Michael Jackson-Thriller-Arguably the greatest album of all time and its not #1….i can explain. I mean I didn’t listen to this as an album all that much till recent years. I would normally just listen to the songs on a playlist or mixed cd. But yeah that out of the way….most of these songs are some of Michael’s best like “Beat It”, “Thriller”, “P.Y.T.”, and the perfect “Billie Jean”. Truly a masterpiece.

4.     Ariana Grande-Sweetner-There’s just something about this album. Arianna’s best imo. It flows so well. The production is great and she delivers on every song. Nice short guest list too. “The Light Is Coming” featuring Nicki Minaj is a banger. Then theres songs like the title track, “breathin” and the amazing “God is a Woman”.

5.     Frank Ocean-channel orange-I originally had this album under my favorite R&B albums but no…its Pop. I like most of these songs. Frank has a really unique singing voice. “Pyramids” is a tremendous song. Then there’s my favorite song “Lost”. Good guest list on this album too: Earl Sweatshirt, John Mayer, and Andre 3000.

6.     Dua Lipa-Future Nostalgia-A new favorite of mine. This album has a retro feel to it despite being from 2020. Dua is really good here I mean wow. “Physical” and “Levitating” are arguably the best songs and they’re back to back. The production on this album is really strong too. Definitely not an album to sleep on.

7.     Doja Cat-Planet Her-This is one of the new favorites of mine. I think this is Doja Cat’s best album. She shows such range and versatility here. “You Right” is a banger featuring The Weeknd. However I think “Need To Know” Is the best song. The production is really rich and Doja has a lot personality.

8.     Katy Perry-Teenage Dream-OMG do I really love this album. “Last Friday Night” is my favorite Katy Perry song period. There’s a lot of incredible songs here like the spacy “E.T.” and the fun “California Girls” with Snoop Dogg. “Firework” is probably the best song here however. Great execution from Katy!

9.     Lady Gaga-Chromatica-I don’t really think there was a period where I didn’t like this album…it instantly grew on me. Gaga is in rare form here. “Rain On Me” is a great song which features Arianna Grande. This album has lots of catchy songs like “Enigma” and “Stupid Love”. You can’t forget songs like “911” and “Sour Candy” too. 

10.  Justin Timberlake-The 20/20 Experience-This is arguably JT’s 2nd best album. I love most every song. Most of the songs are longer than 5 minutes but you barely notice. “Tunnel Vision” and “Don’t Hold the Wall” are bangers. Then theres good slower songs like “Straweberry Bubblegum” and “That Girl”. I really like the album’s closer “Blue Ocean Floor” too.

11.  Adele-25- Adele had to make this list. While I don’t think it’s her best album; this one is my favorite. Adele has such a great singing voice and it shines here. Songs like “Hello” are classic. I like “Remedy” and “Water Under the Bridge” too.Actually I like most of the songs here. They’re just so well written and smooth. 

12.  Lady Gaga-The Fame Monster-Arguably Lady Gaga’s best work. I am including the bonus disc which had all the songs from the original FAME up here too. Yeah I love Born This Way album but this one gets the placement. Too much heat plain and simple. The 3 song run of “ Bad Romance”, “Alejandro”, and “Monster” is just fire. You can’t forget about “Telephone” with Beyonce’.

13.  Alesia Cara-Know it All-I remember when this album came out and how it really impressed me. She’s dropped 2 albums since then and they were good but not as good as this. Yes “Here” is dope but theres also great songs like “Four Pink Walls” and “Wild Things”. The best song however might be “Scars To Your Beautiful”. I love the way she paints a picture with her singing.

14.  Fergie-The Dutchess-This Fergie album has lots of bangers on it. I’m kinda surprised its so far back but hey the albums above it I really love. “Fergalicious” and “London Bridge” are amazing songs. There’s also “Clumsy” and “Glamorous”. The latter features a great Ludacris feature. 

15.  Bruno Mars-Doo Wops & Hooligans-I had to include this album which is really well rounded. It gets the nod for me over 24K Magic just barely actually. This album is just so much fun. “Talking to the Moon” and “Grenade” are incredible songs. You can’t forget about “Just the Way You Are” and “The Lazy Song”.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area