Skip to main content

Album Review: Tinashe- BB/ANG3L

 Tinashe is getting much more exposure in 2024 and I'm so happy for her. Before I get to her latest album, I thought I'd review this album. This album is short at only 7 songs. The album gets off to a beautiful start with "Treason". "Talk To Me Nice" has a really nice bounce to it. "Needs" might be the best song. I love its chorus. The production on this album is pretty uniform. Her singing is great as usual too. Ultimately this is a terrific album but not quite as good as her album 333. I liked every song...even "Uh Huh" which is kinda slow but still executed well. 






Lyrics 23

Beats 22

Depth 25

Tilt 23

Verdict 93

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area

Album Review: Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign-Vultures 1

 This album review is way overdue. I've had a long time to sit with the album....I really liked it at first but it hasn't really aged as well as other Kanye projects. Kanye's lyricism has taken a noticeable decline. I mean hes not horrible but alot of these bars are bad or tasteless. Ty Dolla $ign on the other hand does a great job on pretty much every track. The production though, as with most Kanye albums is really good.   Some of it was reminiscent of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Yeezus. There are a few guest spots and most are well used. Hearing Kanye's daughter, North West, on "Talking"is cute. Freddie Gibbs steals the show on the hilarious "Back to Me". "Carnival" is a certified hit which features Playboi Carti & Rich the Kid. Overall most of these songs are good but I cant say this really adds much to Kanye's illustrious discography. Lyrics 19 Beats 23 Depth 22 Tilt 21 Verdict 85

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and