Skip to main content

My Favorite Eminem Songs


8 Mile

Loose Yourself- Eminem’s top song in my opinion. He made a great rap song from the perspective of a movie character. The song is plain and simply flawless. It’s really inspiring also.



The Eminem Show

4)Sing for the Moment- A great song about how rap is changing things. The chorus is great as are Em’s verses.



3) Without Me- This is almost as good as the real slimshady, but it’s a little bit goofier, and it may have a better beat.



2)Cleanin Out My Closet- An entire song dedicated to SLimshady’s mother. The song has a very complex and mesmerizing beat. A true classic in Em’s list of great songs.



1) Till I Collapse- I don’t know what provoked this song…but Em makes it clear on this song….he wants to be the best rapper alive if not ever. With a performance like this he’s on the list top 10….maybe even top 5.





Encore

3) Ass Like That- This song is ridiculously funny…..I really like the Middle Eastern type beat.



2) Encore- A pretty decent song. EM is joined by 50 Cent and Dr. Dre. The song has dope beat, and is pretty simplistic. The end of the song is disturbing.



1) Yellow Brick Road- A great introspective song. Em takes you down memory lane before he was famous…..back in 1989 as he says. I really like the chorus.



Marshall Mathers LP

5) Kill You-Em opens up his best album with this rough song. His punchlines are shocking, as he raps about killing women. The beat is kind of strange like it never really wants to get going.



4) Criminal- Em desperately tries to end his album with a bang….and well he does! This song is fast and furious. It’s almost like he wanted to some up the whole album in one song.



3) Stan- A disturbing tale about one of Em’s fans. The chorus by Dido is genious, and the beat is dark yet effective. This is a long song but theres never a dull moment. The end is shocking as Eminem realizes he’s too late “Damn”.



2) The Way I Am- An incredible song of raw emotion. Eminem attacks every stanza here. It really is all about the troubles of fame….



1) The Real SLimshady- I still consider his best “party track”. It’s incredibly entertaining and it helped solidify Marshall’s status.



Recovery

5) Untitled- This song has no title but its got a hot beat. He just seems to rap about random topics, but its clear this song was meant to close out the album while being as offensive as possible.



4) Cold Wind Blows- Eminem opens up his recovery album with a viscious song. It’s a good song that helps the tone for the album along with the following track.



3) Not Afraid- This song is really inspirational and it’s a great lead single. Slim clearly is letting you know he plans to be the best rapper. Em claims that Relapse wasn’t a great album on this.



2) Love the Way You Lie-An emotionally powerful record. Em is joined by Rihanna on this one….which honestly I wouldn’t think these 2 would work together after one of Em’s lines on Relapse(I pee on Rihanna, I do what I wanna”). But that aside this song is about a physically abusive relationship. The beat is decent but the chorus and Shady’s verses make it an automatic favorite for me.



1) No Love- It may not be the best song on the album but I love this song. Lil wayne raps first and his verse is pretty good. Em comes in and spits a much longer showstealing verse. This song samples “What is Love” which is used very well here. This is a really cool song and it has a pretty nice video also.



Relapse

5)Insane- A truly crazy song. Em raps with a rapid fire type flow over this creepy beat. This one is about as disturbing as any other crazy song he’s made.



4)Medicine Ball- Em’s on a mission to offend again. I love the beat and Slim’s flow is very good. Em goes at a deceased Christopher Reeves. Impersonating him, while all making it rhyme. You gotta love Em’s creativity.



3)Underground- This is an amazing song, where Em just seems to let loose. It’s a fitting end to Relapse. Em spits some raw rhymes, as he portrays the serial killer character.



2) We Made You- The usual party track is a lot better than Just Lose It from Em’s Encore album. Em raps with that nasal accent with some very clever lines. I love the chorus, but I’m not sure if that’s really Jessica Simpson.



1) Beautiful- A serious and uplifting song that set the tone for Em’s next album Recovery.





Relapse Refill

2)Hell Breaks Loose- This song has a really infectious beat. Dre spits a good verse here.



1)Elevator- This is a really good song that I thought could have made his Relapse album. It’s basically just about Em realizing how successful he is. “I’m living in a house wit a f***in elevator”



Slim Shady LP

5) Just Don’t Give a F***: This is Em just spittin’ some crazy stuff…wait he does that a lot. The beat is borderline annoying, but Em’s verses are good.



4) My Fault- This song is just plain silly. Em does a good job describing the events of a party. Unfortunately the story doesn’t end well. The chorus is really catchy.



3) Guilty Conscience-A very interesting concept song. Dr. Dre is the “angel” and Em obviously plays the devil….Dre wins the first conflict while Em wins the next. In the 3rd verse Dr. Dre finally snaps and Em wins 2-1.



2) My Name Is- A great song that put Eminem on the map. The jokes are really funny. Em seems to glide over the beat masterfully.


1) Brain Damage- This song is sooooo funny. It’s also very creative storytelling. This song gets the #1 nod by a slim margin….yea slim lol

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area