Skip to main content

VG Blog: Ode to Ocarina of Time



I am writing this to show my respects to what I think is the best(not greatest) game I have ever played.
The original was released in 1998. The game just has everything a good game should have. There's an excellent story, Great Controls, Terriffic Enemies and Engaging Boss Fights. The graphics were also impressive for that time....the only thing I dont really like is the fact is that the game is mostly linear, but there are some side quests.

The game starts off pretty easy, in fact on subsequent playthroughs I could breeze right threw the first 2 dungeons and their bosses. Gohma is pretty easy, and the KIng Dodongo is even easier if you know where to stand. The 3rd dungeon, Jabu Jabu's Belly will give you fits unless you know exactly what to do. I think i was stuck on one part for weeks. More than any other dungeon in the game do i think the new item you get is so effective. Without it you will struggle. The boss is really tough too, but if your quick you can take him down. Afterwards you find yourself waking up 7 years later because Young LInk was too young to use the MASTER sword. The Hero of Time, Link must then depart to save Hyrule from Ganondorf's Tyranny.

The rest of the game is tougher, but by now I was a lot better at the game. The Forest Temple has theh coolest music, and a great boss fight. PHantom Ganondorf is good practice for the real one at the game's end. After that you go through the equally challenging Fire Temple who's boss is pretty easy; just hit em wit the hammer!. The Dragon Volvagia never beat me one time.....I think. After that though you have to go through the Ice Cavern which is one of the most annoying parts in the whole game! Then after getting the Iron boots you get to go to the game's toughest dungeon, The Water Temple. It's got a viscious mini boss-Dark Link and you havve to constantly put them darn boots on and off by pressing start and selecting/deselecting them. The boss is tough too, but ah the longshot(super hookshot) gets the job done. After that you go back to being young Link and have to go in that well and get the Lens of Truth.....

Then its off to a somewhat tough temple, the Shadow Temple. Its just a rather annoying temple, but with plenty of Magic I dont have much trouble here. After that you go to the Gerudu fortress which is pretty tough. You gotta use stealth there. Then you go to the Spirit Temple which is a bit harder than the Shadow temple. First of all you gotta go back to Young Link. Then you go back as Adult Link to defeat Twinrova 2 old ladies that turn into a babe??? LOL!

After that you storm Ganon's Castle who has a barrier around the tower. ALl you gotta do is beat the challenges to lower the barricade. Theres a challenge of light, water, forest, etc. Then you have to take on some tough enemies then fight Ganondorf who is pretty damn tough. Afterwards you take Zelda and follow her out of Ganon's castle. But wait u have to defeat Ganon(Monster Ganondorf) after that. Hes pretty easy to be honest.


I think this game is alot better than Majora's Mask and anybody that thinks diffrently is crazy. Majora has lots of Masks but is so flawed compared to this Masterpiece called Ocarina Of Time. In fact the only Zelda game i think is close to this is A LInk to the Past.....which is a similar game but for Super NIntendo or Gameboy Advance.

If you havent played the game play it for Wii, or the N3DS now!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area