Skip to main content

My Favorite NBA Playoffs series


My favorite NBA Playoff Series of the last 7 years- these are not in order, the order doesn’t matter, but these are my picks.



Lakers vs. Celtics 10-This was a revenge series for the Lakers. They had to prove that they could beat the Celtics, the last team that defeated them in the postseason.   .The 08 finals is what made me a Laker fan for life. Go Lakers Go! Lakeshow!



Spurs vs. Hornets 10- This was an entertaining series….I wanted the Hornets to win, but ah well. CP3 and Tony Paker was a great matchup.



Heat vs. Mavericks 06- This was a really cool series for me. I was pissed that the spurs lost to the mavs. The Mavs won 2 in a row, and everybody thought the Heat were done. Then Miami won a couple games…then they won again. Then they finally won in Dallas…..the Heat weren’t really underdogs but they said to themselves “we are a team, and we not gonna let the Detroit Pistons, or any other team with a better record beat us”.



Spurs vs. Pistons 05- I’m not sure if this was a very popular series, but to me it was a terrific series. I don’t remember the order of who won and lost, but it was clear that the defending champion Detroit Pistons were not going away easy because the Spurs had a 3-2 after game 6. The Pistons were not gonna go down in 6. I remember Billups said “hold the title, cause we ain’t goin down that easy”. This one came down to a decisive game 7. I don’t remember seeing the whole game, but the Spurs got it done. I really think this one coulda gone either way.



Celtics vs. Lakers 08- A really weird series in the sense that I liked both teams at this time yes u read right. I knew the Celts were better but I didn’t think too much better. Lakers messed up ultimately by going down 3 to 1…and that proved to be too much. Instead of a game 6 blowout, we should have had a game 7 close game victory by the Celts. Ultimately I feel the Lakeshow could have won, but as Kobe said, they weren’t tough enough. And I believe they didn’t want it as bad as the Celts. Paul Pierce owned this series….Lakers had no real answer….i mean Kobe could stop him, but that would use too much energy on the defensive. And there was NO BYNUM….so Gasol could be guarded by Perkins. Garnett dominated Odom. The Laker bench was non existent except for Vujacic in a couple games Afterward this series made me a Laker fan. I felt bad for LAL cause they really wanted a championship, but oh well they got theirs later.



Spurs vs. Suns 07- This was an intense series. Phoenix played well but San Antonia proved to be too tough. I really felt San Antonio did an excellent job defensively. The spurs were called a dirty team in PHX…..unfortunately I felt that Phx inefficient defense was the reason they lost. Spurs went on to win the title, sweeping Lebron James’ cavalier’s in 4 games.



Magic vs. Celtics 09- This was a series Boston obviously could have won considering that they were up 3-2 on the Magic…..but the Magic battled back. The Celts were without their defensive powerhouse Kevin Garnett.  If he had been there then I bet the series which went 7.



Lakers vs. Rockets 09- I’ve seen some tough playoff series, but this one had me really nervous. The Lakers lost home advantage in this one after 2 games. Yao Ming was described as being soft, so what the Rockets did is surrounded him with a bunch of tough players like Scola and Brooks. Eventually Yao Ming was injured, and I remember Tracy McGrady was injured for like the whole season or something. Anyways the Lakers got embarrassed in game 6 in Houston. However in Game 7 Lakers showed them what was really good.



Cavaliers vs. Pistons 07- This was the series where the Detroit Pistons were up 2-0. I like this series cause this is where Lebron James showed some killer instinct. I think the Cavs went on to win 4 straight cause I don’t remember if this was a 7 game series or not. But LEBRON got it done. I think if he had played with this much intensity against the Spurs maybe they wouldn’t have gotten swept.



Warriors vs. Mavericks 07: I loved this one because the underdog Warriors beat a 67 win Mavericks team. This was a funny series, I think it was only the 2nd time an 8th seed defeated a #1 seed. Anyways I don’t dislike or like any of these teams I just remember this series because I was so sure the Mavericks would bounce back. I wonder if they had won this series would they have beaten the Spurs or the Suns.


Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area