Skip to main content

Rapper Breadkdown #3: T.I.


Rapper-T.I.

Breakdown Date: Mid 2013

“The King of the South”


Rapper albums

I’m Serious

2001

Top 3-5 Songs: Still Aint Forgave Myself, Dope Boyz, I’m Serious

Album Score: Beats-2.8 , Lyrics-3.7=3.25  

Rapper Stats: Flow-80, Versatility-72, Relevancy-71, Critical Acclaim-N/A

Rapper Rating: 74.3

Comments- T.I’s first album isn’t great but its decent, especially for a debut album. He really went under the radar with this album. The rapper would get better on his next album.

 

 2002-Non Album Year

No change in rapper rating

 

Trap Muzik

2003

Top Songs: Be Easy, Rubber Band man, 24s

Album Score: Beats-3.1, Lyrics-3.8=  3.45

Rapper Stats: Flow-82 , Versatility-79, Relevancy-83

R. Rating: 81.3

Comments-T.I’s 2nd album was his breakout album. Most of the success was due to the David Banner produced Rubber Band Man. However this is a solid album with lots of good songs on it. T.I.’s flow didn’t improve that much, but he became much more relevant.

 

 

Urban Legend

2004

Top Songs: U Don’t Know Me, Bring Em Out, A.S.A.P.

Album Score: Beats-3.5, Lyrics-4=3.75

Rapper Stats: Flow-84,Versatility-83, Relevancy-87

Rapper Rating: 85

Comments-T.I. really came through on Urban Legend. The album is filled with good songs. Most noticeable is his versatility to make a more varied album than his predecessor. The album is really good but it would only get better for T.I. after this.

 

 

2005-Non Album Year
No Change- 85

 

 

 

 

King

2006

Top Songs: What You Know, Top Back, Why You Wanna

Album Score: Beats- 4.8, Lyrics- 4.4= 4.6

Rapper Stats: Flow-88, Versatility-90, Relevancy-92, Critical Acclaim-77

Rapper R: 87

Comments-King was the album that propelled T.I. to rap superstardom. Its solid all the way through, even though the 1st half is clearly the better half. T.I. is very versatile on this album. It’s one of my favorite rap albums.

 

T.I. vs. T.I.P.

2007

Top Songs: Big SH** Poppin, Tell Em I Said That, You Know What it is

Album Score: Beats: 4, Lyrics, 4.1= 4.05

Rapper Stats: F-87, V-84, R-83, CA-61

Rapper Rating: 79

Comments-T.I. was kind of a letdown compared to his previous album King. Regardless I really like the album. Ultimately you see drops in all of his categories..but this album has some well used guest spots like Busta Rhymes, Eminem, and even Jay-z. The album seemed a bit rushed.

 

Paper Trail

2008

Top Songs: No Matter What, Swagga Like Us, Live Your Life

Album Score: Beats-4.8 , Lyrics= 4.5= 4.65

Rapper Stats: F- 90, V-95, R-90, CA-74

R R: 87.3

Comments-This is in my opinion, T.I.’s best album. It has everything, great lyrics, hot and varied beats, and well used guest spots. You could argue King is better, but I don’t think so, but there’s no doubt that those 2 albums are his best two. “I want yo body, need yo body…” Whatever You Like is a song that really grew on me. This is a strong effort from the King of the South.

 

2009-Non Album Year

T.I. didn’t have any presence really being locked up and all for this year…..

-5= 82.3

 

No Mercy

2010

Top Songs: Welcome to Our World, Amazing, Castle Walls

Album Score: Beats-3.4 , Lyrics-2.8  = 3.1

Rapper Score: F-81 , V-72, R-80, CA-59

Rapper Rating: 73

Comments-Originally titled “King Uncaged”, No Mercy is a half assed album with little creativity. Its his worse album to date by far. There are some good songs however, and the beats are decent. I really think T.I was greatly affected by him getting locked up again…this album had potential….that was never realized.

 

2011-NAY

T.I. had some presence in 2011 but not much….

+2= 75

 

Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head

2012

Top Songs: Ball, Sorry, Wonderful Life

Album Score: Beats-4, Lyrics-4.2= 4.1

Rapper Score: F-86 , V-82, R-84, CA-64

Rapper Ratings: 79

Comments- This is a great comeback album for mr. Clifford harris. He seemed to combine his old style with his newer style. The result is a dope yet flawed album. However, the good far outweighs the bad, which would be some songs sounding way too similar. T.I. is far from done….

 

Overall Album Score: Albums 1 to # (sum/# of albums)= 4.42

Non Album Year(s) Overall Score: N.A.Y.R/number of years= 60.6

Rapper’s Overall Rating: (NAYOS +Combined Rapper Rating)/Number of Rapper Ratings= (60.6 +645.9)/8= 88.3

Final Rapper Comments: T.I. is without a doubt a great rapper.You could call him the Jay-z of the South. His discography has its ups and downs, but the King of the South has continued to find ways to keep relevant for 10 years now!

 


Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area