Skip to main content

From Worst to Best: Ludacris

If you don't know Ludacris was my first favorite rapper, So i take you to the dirty dirty south's biggest mouth's discography. Lets get into it!



8)Battle of the Sexes 75: Luda’s concept album isn’t as bad as people want you to think. Negative wise, the album has a lot of filler. Some of the guests spots aren’t that great like Flo Rida. Shawna appears on most of the songs, but she does little to help the album. “My Chick Bad” featuring Nicki is dope as hell. The remix is hot too, kinda of a successor to “Whats Your Fantasy” from his first album. “Sexting” is hilarious. It’s a not a bad album all things considered, just very hit and miss. Top Tracks: Sexting, My Chick Bad, MCB Remix, Sex Room, Can’t Live With You, How Low.

7) Back for the First Time 76: The first album from Mr. Bridges barely beats out BotS. Its really just a typical early 2000s rap album. Its has some monster hits like, “What’s Your Fantasy” and “Southern Hospitality”. The beats are good, and his lyrics aren’t bad either. It was a great start to his career. TT: Game Got Switched, Ho, Whats Your Fantasy, WYF Remix, Phat Rabbit, U Got a Problem.

6) Release Therapy 87: This is the weird album for Luda to make. He experimented a lot here. His lyricism is great, but the beats are nothing to brag about. Some songs are too similar like “Tell it Like it Is” and “Mouths to Feed”.  I really like this album however. “Runaway Love” is a definite highlight, as is “War With God”. The guests features are pretty good accept for R. Kelly on “Woozy”. TT: Money Maker, Grew Up A Screw Up, War With God, Runaway Love.



5) The Red Light Distict 88: I did a school assignment for English class in college on “Large Amounts”. This is another experimental album from Luda, but this one is better than RT. While there is definite filler like “Pass Out”, most of these songs are really good. There’s just the right amount of guests too. The production is solid too. Luda’s rapping doesn’t take any steps back from C&B either. “Get Back” is a song that comes off a lil corny/ a lil aggressive but it’s a 5 star song. Top Tracks: Large Amounts, Number One Spot, The Potion, Child of the Night, Get Back, Intro.

4) Ludaversal  90: I really like this album, maybe I think it’s better than it really is lol. The lyrics and delivery come easy to him here, and the production isn’t bad either. However it seemed like he was trying too hard. On TotM, I felt he delievered a tad bit more, albeit I scored the albums the same. There are lots of good songs here but most are in the first half. I mean he’s having fun on these tracks. “Ocean Skies” is about his father’s passing and it may be the best song. This album needed a couple more guest spots. TT: Get Lit, Beast Mode, Not Long, Ocean Skies, Grass Is Always Greener, Come and See Me, CaSM Interlude.

3) Theater of the Mind 90: Not sure if I should have scored this one higher, but its not really better than Tha Carter III(yeah they both got a 9/10). Lyrically it might be his best performance. He rapped like he had something to prove. Its kind of a concept album…kind of. The only songs I cant stand are the love songs “Nasty Girl” and “Contagious”. The latter is so SKIPPABLE. The rest of the songs are really dope. He goes against rap heavyweights Jay Z and Nas on “I Did it For Hip Hop”. The album is pretty fun too.  Undisputed, What Them Girls Like, I Do It For Hip Hop, Last of a Dying Breed, Call up The Homies.

2)Chicken and Beer 93: Luda was basically in his prime in 01-03. This album has very little wrong with it. The skits are kinda redundant, but only the song “Teamwork” isn’t good. The rest are fire. “Southern Fried Intro” and “Stand Up” are some of his best songs. “Splash Waterfall” is a great song for the ladies, “We Got” is a superior posse-cut. “Eyebrows Down” is a great closer as he tells his story. I really feel this is a great album, but he’s got one even better. TT: Blow It Out, Splash Waterfall, Screwed Up, Hip Hop Quotables,  Diamond in the Back.




1) Word of Mouf 95: While C&B deserves a ton of praise for the back to back excellency, WoM is his best work. Maybe I’m  a little biased cause this was my 1st album. The skits are funny af. The production is solid, and his bars are awesome. There are a couple songs that could qualify as filler but whatever. There are so many hits, I wont list them all. “Freaky Thangs” and “Get The F*** Back” are sleeper hits. He even gives you “Welcome to Atlanta” with Jermaine Dupri as a bonus track. The album is just so much fun. It is without a doubt one of the best albums of the dirty dirty. Top Tracks: Rollout, Cry Babies, Area Codes, Move B*tch, Saturday, Block Lockdown, Coming 2 America.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area