Skip to main content

The Top Rap Albums of 2018

15) Drake-Scorpion: Drake's Scorpion is a good album, but its just too much....Drizzy. Its like he's not bringin anything new to the game at this point. The man needs a creative break. He's dropped projects alot in the past 10 years.

14) Lil Wayne Carter V:Carter V is finally here and its good. I love how focused Weezy sounds lyrically. Most songs are good but like the Drake project it gets kinda to be too much Wayne. I kinda wish we could get one more album from him but he's given us enough tbh.

13) Meek Mill-Championships: Meek Mill's album was  nice surprise. I loved how fresh it sounds even tho a number of songs use old samples. The numerous guest spots are generally well used. I dont listen to him a whole lot but now I think he deserves more of my time.

12) Eminem-Kamikaze:This album had some bad reviews...but I knew I was gonna cop it. This is a really good album. It kinda reminds me of Recovery, but its well...meaner. Eminem lashes out at the same fans that propelled him to superstardom. He also disses mumble rappers for the first time.

11) Kanye-Ye: Ye was a part of Kanye's "7 song appreciation project" at least thats what I call it lol. It was really good but you couldn't help but want more from my favorite MC of all time. The first song is extremely skippable but after that things look up.

10) Nicki Minaj- Queen: Nicki took a much needed break and came back with a really good album. Queen has varied sounds and sounds really trendy. Nicki enlists usual suspects like Lil Wayne, Eminem, and Arianna Grande. However she also enlists Foxy Brown and Swae Lee to help out.

9) Logic-Bobby Tarentino II:I didnt really care too much for BT2 but it really grew on me over time. Logic hits us with more of that titty rap and its dope lol.

8) J. Cole-KOD: I'm a pretty big J.Cole fan (I wasnt always) but I feel this is a solid project. Its a little weird but very cohesive. There's no stoppin Cole World.

7) Nas-Nasir: Nasir is a really good album, but like Kanye I couldnt help but want more. The album does seem to not be for everyone but only the Nas fans that have stuck with him from his early days.

6) Cardi B-Invasion of Privacy: Cardi exploded on the scene last year. She is very energetic and its very evident on every song. The album wasnt perfect but it's aged well. The question is where does Cardee Bee go from here.

5) Logic-YSIV: I was very late to the party on Young Sinatra IV but its really dope. Sure some songs are unnecessarily long but ultimately you get a great "Boom Bap" rap showcase.

4)Pusha T-Daytona:Another short cd, Daytona was very good. Pusha T showcased his lyrical abilities and took on Drake on the last song. I wanted the King Push album but this album was so good i'm good with that.

3) Kanye West & Kid Cudi(Kids See Ghosts)-Kids See Ghosts: KSG is a triumphant album. Its good to see Kanye and his protege Kid Cudi make a great album like this. Its a short album tho lol.

2) T.I.-Dime Trap: T.I.'s proof that dirty south rap is very much alive. He's just seemed to mastered his craft. This album leaves little to be desired as he spits on life experiences and gets the club jumpin.

1)Jay-Z & Beyonce' (The Carters)-Everything is Love: I went back and forth on whether or not to include this album but ultimately it is a rap/rnb hybrid so it does qualify for this list. The album  is terrific. The two have great chemistry and they really get it done here.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area