Skip to main content

Top Rappers (From not too long ago)


 I was looking threw my old and i found an old list of top rappers(2009)......Expect a new list from me soon!

#)Rapper (Last List’s Rank: # or New)
Flow, Consistency, Relevancy
Essential Songs
Essential Album(s)
Commentary


20) Common
F-8, C-6, R-1
ES: Announcment, Gladiator, Universal Mind Control
EA: Universal Mind Control, Finding Forever, Be
Chai town’s Nas returns, but he barely makes the list due mostly in part, to a SEVERE lack of relevancy. He was in the top 10 last time, this is a major drop. I thought his last album was solid overall, but he seems to be focused on acting these days.


19) Rick Ross
F-5, C-7, R-7
ES: Mafia Music, The Boss, Maybach Music
EA: Deeper Than Rap, Trilla
I neva thought Ricky Ross would make this list but he has proven he deserves a spot. His last album, Deeper than Rap, was really good. What is s most impressive is his flow is now decent and he has become a more consistent rapper.

18) Ice Cube(New)
F-7, C-8, R-4
ES: It Takes a Nation, Hood Mentality, Why Me
EA: Raw Footage
Ice Cube has become the opposite of Common. He was a actor for most of this decade, now he’s back to makin good music. Man his last album was great, in part to nice beats, and impressive delivery. Perhaps Cube can top it…..but I don’t know.

17) 50 Cent
F-8, C-7, R-4
ES: Baby By Me, So Disrespectful, Flight 187
EA: Before I Self Destruct, Get Rich or Die Tryin
Fitty Cent has fallen 4 spots, and rightfully so. He isn’t as relevant as he used to be. His flow is still really good, but he’s not as consistent as he used to be. He still starts beef wit like everybody from Jay-z, Fat Joe, and rival The Game.

16) T.I.
F-9,C-10,R-3
ES: Swagga Like Us, I’m Illy, Live Your Life
EA: Paper Trail, King, Urban Legend
TI is back a full 8 spots, but that’s mostly due to the fact he’s been locked up since mid 2009. However he’s still one of the game’s best rappers. He had the 2008 best rap album Paper Trail. The great thing is TI has enough potential to possibly top that album.

15) Wale
F-8,C-7, R-8
ES: Chillin, Beautiful Bliss, Let it Loose
EA: Attention Deficit
Newcomer Wale is new to the mainstream in 09. He is a rapper with a little too much hype, but his future is promising. His debut album was exceptional. His flow is good, but he is somewhat inconsistent. I look forward to big things from Wahlay.

14) Q-Tip
F-9, C-9, R-5
ES: Won’t Trade, Getting Up, Life Is Better
EA: The Renaissance
The Abstract’s 08 offering was so good it demanded him a spot on this list. He would be rated higher, but his last album, Kamaal wasn’t all that. He isn’t a punch line rapper, just a rapper. His flow is really sharp, and he is a good storyteller. Just listen to any of his Essential songs and you will be impressed.

13) Lupe
F-10, C-10, R-3
ES: Street’s On Fire, Superstar, Hip Hop Saved My Life
EA: The Cool, Food & Liquor
2009 just wasn’t Lupe’s year. But it’s not anything to worry about. I’m sure he’s workin on a new album. His last 2 albums were nothing short of greatness. Lupe is perhaps the most lyrical rapper of all time. I look for a strong comeback in 2010.

12) Nas
F-10, C-8, R-5
ES: Hero, Breathe, Sly Fox
EA: Untitled, Stillmatic, God’s Son
Nas was pushed back 10 spaces, but that’s really just because he’s taking a well deserved break in 09. Nas’s last 2 albums have been great. He is one of rap’s constant forces. Nasty Nas is rap’s best storyteller, and I don’t think he’s done makin classic albums just yet.


11) Raekwon
F-8, C-9, R-7
ES: Fat Lady Sings, House of Flying Daggers, Kiss the Ring
EA: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…ptII
I hadn’t really started to hear Rae until I heard him on the Game’s LAX album. On that song(Bulletproof Diaries) he held his own. Raekwon is a dope rapper, and oh yea, his latest album is arguably 2009’s best rap album. I look forward to seeing him get a lil more relevancy in the rap game.

10) The Game
F-9, C-10, R-5
ES: Dope Boys, My Life, State of Emergency
EA: LAX, The Documetntary
Like it or not, Game is the best rapper reppin the west coast…and has been for a while now. He is so consistent, and his flow is very impressive. LAX showed a lot of lyrical growth from him. I hope he isn’t serious about retiring…is he out of things to say?

9) Ludacris
F-8, C-9, R-7
ES: Undisputed, I Do it for Hip Hop, Call up the Homies
EA: Theatre of the Mind, Word of Mouth
Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers for a lot of reasons. He has great flow, and is one of the best(if not the best) punchline rappers. His album Theater of the Mind was a great turn from the disappointing Release Therapy. It’s not going to be easy or luda to top his last album.

8) Jadakiss
F-7 , C-8 ,R-7
ES: Pain & Torture, Can’t Stop Me, Letter to B.I.G.
EA: The Last Kiss, Kiss Of Death
I gotta give it to Jada, he came back with a strong album. He is one of the most underrated rappers in the game. I really think with Jadakiss the best is yet to come. His albums have been getting better each time.

7) Eminem
F-9, C-8, R-7
ES: We Made You, Beautiful, Déjà vu
EA: Relapse, The Eminem Show
Em is still the best white rapper of all time, either way you look at it. He’s dropped 4 spots since the last list though. He is an artist tryin to recapture the insight he had early in his career. For the most part he is doing a good job. I cant wait for Relapse 2.

6) Fabolous
F-10, C-7, R-8
ES: The Way, Lullaby, My Time
EA: Loso’s Way, From Nothin to Somethin
Fab is the first rapper to make a big jump from the old list. He is, I think, one of the best lyricists now. Well really has been for a couple years, but now its really evident. He isn’t the most consistent rapper, but his album Loso’s Way was one of the best rap albums of 2009. I think he can surpass Loso’s Way, but it wont be easy.

5) Kid Cudi
F-8, C-10, R-8
ES: Soundtrack 2 My Life , Sky Might Fall, Heart of a Lion
EA: Man on the Moon
KC is a unique rapper, and after I heard his debut classic, I knew he would crack the top 10 on this list. Sure you know he can sing a lil bit, but there’s nothing average about his rapping. Ok I’m a little perpelexed as I don’t know if Cudi is gonna top his debut masterpiece, I really don’t know. I’ll just have to wait and see.

4) Young Jeezy
F-8, C-9, R-9
ES: Put On, Welcome Back, Crazy World
EA: The Recession, Let’s Get it Thug Motivation 101
Young Jeezy is without a doubt, hip hop’s most improved rapper. He has improved his lyricism a lot, and that’s evident with 2008’s Recession album. Then theres the fact he’s been on just about everybody’s albums, from Usher and Mariah Carey, to Jay-z and Ice Cube. I predict another big year for Jeezy in 2010.


3) Lil Wayne
F-9 ,C-8 ,R-10
ES: Amilli, Shoot Me Down, 3 Peat
EA: Tha Carter III, We Are Young Money
Lil Weezy is the most relevant rapper, like it or not. He’s everywhere in 2009. Since the King’s been locked up(TI) I think Lil Weezy is the best dirty south rapper right now. I really enjoyed his Young Money album and I look forward to Carter IV.

2) Kanye West
F-9, C-10, R-9
ES: Can’t Tell Me Nothin, Good Life, Big Brother
EA: Graduation, Late Registration, College Dropout
Who would of thought “lil brother” would be the 2nd best MC in the game right now. Graduation came out 2 years ago, and 808’s was not a real rap album, yet K’s skills on the mike only got better. Yeah I’m impressed. He kills any track he’s featured on. Just listen to him on Knock You Down(Keri Hilson), or Kinda Like a Big Deal(Clipse)

1) Jay-z
F-10, C-10, R-9
ES: Empire State of Mind, Already Home, D.O.A.
EA: Blueprint 3, American Gangster, Blueprint
There’s just no denying the greatness of the jigga man. He knows how to change up his flow, and he’s incredibly consistent. Also hova is very very relevant in the rap game. Blueprint 3 is a terrific album, and it seemed to be made so effortlessly. So when will Jay call it quits? Hopefully no time soon.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area