Skip to main content

The Best Rappers Ever List


The Best Rappers Ever

This is my list of my top rappers ever, I’m not trying to please anyone with this list: I’m not going to put any rappers on my list if I haven’t really heard their stuff. Yo enjoy the list & leave a comment.

 

 

 

 

20) Snoop Dogg- Snoop is a decent rapper but I feel he should be no higher on this list. He literally talks about the same thing(s) on every album. Snoop is here mostly for longevity in the game. It also doesn’t hurt that he has a lot of hits. His first album was a classic(Doggystyle) and he’s made some good ones since then but not many have come close to that.

I’m not sure what my favorite song by him is. Snoop may be washed up now but he is one of Rap’s greats.

 

19) DMX- The Darkman X makes the list. People forget just how good this guy was. DMX was the flagship artist for the Ruff Ryders label. I really like X’s delivery and flow. He’s had his share of good albums, although he hasn’t released a great album in a long time. DMX is one of the most hardcore rappers the game has seen. My favorite song by him is X Gon Give it 2 Ya.

 

18)  Missy Elliot- Missy is my favorite female rapper. Her style really set the standard for what a female MC should be back in the last decade. While she may not be a great lyricist, her music is very varied and fun. She’s been given some of the greatest beats courtesy of TImbaland. I would like to see a new Missy album very soon…its been about 7 years and that is entirely too long of a drought. My favorite Missy Elliot album is Miss E…So Addictive. All of her albums range from good to great.

 

17) Lil Wayne- I’m not a huge Wayne fan but the guy is extremely talented. He hasn’t been the rapper he was from 06-08 lately but he still makes my list. Weezy has interesting wordplay but he rarely talks about anything of great substance. Carter 2 & 3 were great albums, and Carter 4 wasn’t bad either. My favorite Wayne song is Best Rapper Alive from Carter II. Wayne has been slacking lately but hopefully that won’t continue much longer.

 

16) 50 Cent- 50 could be higher on this list but he came out with a bang and has been fizzling out ever since. 50 is a really versatile rapper with great delivery and good flow. 50’s Get Rich or Die Tryin album is his best, but I think ever since then he’s been losing motivation to make great music. However he is still a great rapper, with a knack for making hits.

I think my favorite song by him is Patiently Waiting.

 

15) Ludacris- Alias is Chris Lova Lova. Ludacris was my originally my favorite rapper. He is a funny rapper who specializes in punchlines. Luda has never made a classic even though his Word of Mouth album was excellent. Luda is a very versatile rapper as well: club songs, love songs, and even some introspective songs. There’s too many songs to say which is my favorite. Unfortunately I think Luda is passed his prime. He has been in the game for over 10 years…

 

14)Talib Kweli- Talib is I think, a very underrated rapper. He is very conscious, and a great storyteller. All of his albums I have heard are good to great. It’ s a shame the first time I really heard him was on one of Kanye West’s songs. My favorite Talib Kweli song is Get By which was produced by Mr. West. I thought his latest album, Gutter Rainbows was good, but I couldn’t help but feeling that Talib could do better.

 

13)Common- Common is an elite rapper from Chai Town. He is a conscious rapper who has had a great career. I like how Common story tells, the description of him being Chai Town’s Nas is pretty accurate. Common has had some really good albums like Be, Finding Forever, & The Dreamer, the Believer. Universal Mind Control was poor however. My favorite Common song is Testify. Unfortunately I feel he is past his prime but he’ll be good enough to make this list regardless.

 

12) T.I.- Man the self proclaimed King of the South has so many hits, but his last album wasn’t very impressive(No Mercy). However I have no doubt T.I. will bounce back from that poor outing. After all 2 of his albums, King and Paper Trail, are 2 of the best dirty south albums I’ve ever heard. T.I. isn’t a punchline rapper; he has more of a rhythmic style, and he’s pretty much mastered it. My favorite song of his to this day is What You Know.

 

11)Game- “The” Game has been a favorite rapper of mine ever since his first album came out. Since then there’s been nothing but lyrical growth. So much so that I think he’s left every member of the G-Unit in the dust. His wordplay is great, but the name dropping is a little annoying. His 2nd best album is a toss up, but I think it goes to the recently released Red Album. I don’t know if Game will crack the top ten but he is the best west coast rapper today. One of my favorite songs by him is The City.

 

10)Lupe-Lupe can rap circles around the completion. His “Go Go Gadget Flow” song is proof of that. Lupe has 2 great albums, and a good one in L.A.S.E.R.S. It’s hard to pick one Lupe song as my favorite but obviously Kick Push and Dumb it Down are up there.He likes to take on the persona of different characters in many of his rap songs. Hopefully Lupe’s next album will be near or of the caliber of his first two.

 

9) Big Pun- Big Pun(isher) is a rapper I recently started really listenin to a couple years back. His flow is incredible, I don’t really know of many rappers(dead or alive) that can touch this flow. The latino rapper had 2 great albums, but there’s no doubt that Capital Punishment was the better of the two. My favorite song is Still Not a Player, and that’s no surprise. If BP were still alive I think Fat Joe would have rapped a lot LESS, but don’t get me wrong I like Fat Joe.

 

8) Outkast-Who doesn’t like Outkast? Well I decided to put both Big Boi and Andre 3000 together due to limited space on the list. They are both incredibly talented dirty south Mcs. Their list of hits is long, Their longevity in the game speaks for itself. They are Hip Hop’s best group(Sorry Roots & Slaughterhouse). I’m really lookin forward to their next album. It’s long overdue. My favorite Outkast song is The Whole World which is from their greatest hits album.

 

7) Kanye West-Let me just say that Kanye is my favorite rapper and has been since about 2007. Mr. West has really gotten better on the mic, and his production skills have given him some of the best(if not the best) beats in hip hop. Kanye just seemed to get better and better after each of his albums. College Dropout was a classic…..Late Registration wasn’t far off, nor was Graduation. 808’s was him experimenting and getting things off his chest. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was another classic. Kanye just seems to posses a lot of good abilities like a complex flow, and clever wordplay. I don’t see him being pushed back but maybe gaining some ground on this list in the future. As far as my favorite song, there’s too many to pick just one.

 

6) Ice Cube- U may be scratching your head at Ice Cube being this high up, but for those who have heard his first albums and last couple albums, it won’t surprise you. Cube really keeps it real in his rhymes, not to mention he has a great delivery. His first 2 albums are some of rap’s best, and he hasn’t really fallen off either(although he almost did about 10 years ago). Ice Cube was the epitome of a West Coast rapper. I cant really pick one song of his as my favorite but his Raw Footage album got me hooked on his music.

 

5) Eminem- Marshall Mathers is by far the most exciting rapper I’ve ever heard. Slimshady is no joke and he usually kills every other rapper’s verse when he’s featured on a song (Renegade). Em is terrific storyteller and is really good at painting pictures with his rhymes. He also has a lot of different rap styles…some which are better than others. His sense of humor is also a major trait of most of his songs. There are soooo many Eminem songs I like but I’d have to say Loose Yourself is my favorite. /s

 

4) Jay-z- Shawn Carter is one of the more commercially successful rappers. He actually just barely got the #4 spot above Eminem. Jay is no slouch lyrically, boasting a really impressive flow. He’s been blessed with some of (if not the best) production Hip Hop has had to offer. What strikes me about Jay-z is he seems to rap really well quite effortlessly. Jay isn’t in his prime anymore, but in my opinion he was in top form a couple of times. There’s no doubt that the Blueprint 1 is one of the best rap albums ever(if not the best).  I don’t have 1 single favorite Jay-z song but Big Pimpin always goes hard.

 

3) Nas-  This may be a shocker to some. Nasty Nas usually trails Jay-z on every list I make but that is not the case now. Nas is consistent….and he’s the best storyteller of any rapper I’ve ever heard. He doesn’t really excel with party songs but his songs are tremendously relevant and interesting. Nas has a Illmatic which is one of the best rap albums ever, but he also has a strong catalogue with Life is Good, Untitled, and Stillmatic. Nasty Nas almost made the #2 spot, but came up a little short to the next rap juggernauts. I like a lot of Nas songs, like The Don lately, but Hero is one of my all-time favorite song by him.

 

 

2) 2pac- This was a tough decision. Tupac is regarded as the greatest rapper ever, but I think he was the most versatile rapper. There literally wasn’t a type of rap song that Pac couldn’t do, and do well at that. I think that Pac was in his prime around the time of Me Against the World and All Eyez on Me. Pac was a great storyteller, and he made some really conscious music along with thug life type songs. There’s a lot of Pac songs that I like but my favorites would be Hail Mary and California Love.

 

1)     The Notorious B.I.G.- Biggie Smalls aka Christopher “Frank White” Wallace, is the top rapper. This was not an easy decision. He died at only twenty four so you can’t really say he had reached his prime yet. His flow was legendary. His delivery was always right on point. I know if he had not died Bad Boy would still be up there. I personally just really got to hear his first 2 albums in 2005 and I was instantly hooked. Ready to Die is a classic and Life After Death is great too.

Juicy would be my favorite song by BIG. He truly was ahead of his time.

 

Honorable Mentions

Mos Def

Raekwon

Cassidy

Ghostface Killah

Q-Tip

Lil Kim

Clipse

            Young Jeezy

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area