Skip to main content

The Best rap albums of 2010

 
Okay so i basically made this list about 2 years ago. I never finished it. I'm going to look at it in retrospect. In other words you'll find some comments on the album that you wouldnt have found in 2010. Enjoy!
 
 
10)Drake-Thank Me Later:
This was one of my favorite albums in 2010. I believe it’s better than Take Care for a couple reasons. The features are more varied, and I don’t have to skip any songs really. Drake’s debut album is basically about his adjustment to stardom. Ironically Drake has the #10 spot on my best rap albums of 2011 blog also..
 
9) B.o.B.-The Adventures of Bobby Ray:
This album was a real treat for me. It was way better than I expected it to be. B.o.B’s debut is a very creative album. The album maybe a little too popish for some but ultimately its just a nudge above the 10th album on this list.
8) Rick Ross- Teflon Don:
This is, in my opinion, Ross’s best album to date. It starts out great and doesn’t let up much. Ross’s good lyricism is carried over from Deeper Than Rap. The beats are really hot. Ross is joined by Jay-z, T.I., Drake, and Kanye all on this one album. My favorite song is Live Fast, Die Young
7)Eminem- Recovery
Coming in at #7 is the legendary white MC. Recovery was a different look for Eminem, but lyrically this was one hell of a performance. The album has a lot of cohesiveness. Eminem has a weird way of explaining his punchlines then delivering them here. I think he can top this album and he needs to get back to having more fun i.e. skits.

6) Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek-Revolutions Per Minute
This album actually tied with #5 and #4. Talib hooks back up with Hi-Tek. The album is really good, as Talib goes over a lot of different issues as usual. Strangers with Bun B is my favorite song

5)The Roots- How I Got Over:
Despite what you might think, this is the album that got me into the Roots. The album is dope front to back. Black Thought is a great rapper. John Legend adds his vocals to some of the songs. It’s too bad the John Legend/Roots compilation album was no where near this entertaining

4)Kid Cudi-Man on the Moon II:
Kid Cudi’s 2nd album is really hot. However it wasn’t good enough to crack to top 3. The album is considerably darker than the first and has some songs that I thought were rather average. Despite that there are some great songs here like The Mood, Erase Me, Don’t Play This Song, Mojo so Dope.
3) Nas & Damian Marley-Distant Relatives
This album was lookin like it was going to be the album of the year for a little bit. It’s actually tied with #2. Nas and Damian have lots of chemistry and the guest spots are well used. The album has a lot of messages witihin the songs also. The first 3 songs are really hot. This album just has a classic feel to it.

2) Big Boi-Sir Luscious Left Foot
This is the hottest dirty south album I have ever heard. Yes its hotter than Stankonia and Paper Trail. The beats are fire, and the lyriscism that Big Boi displays is no joke either. The album’s songs seemed perfectly placed as well. Its not quite perfect but it easily steals the #2 spot. I am really looking forward to Big Boi’s next project, but I don’t think can top this one.
1)Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
I went back and forth on the rating of this album but make no mistake, Kanye made one of the BEST RAP albums period. Yes this is his best album. Yes this is a masterpiece. Most of the songs up here I would give 5 stars. Only Monster seems to fall short of that realization. The beats are surreal. Dark Fantasy draws you in, and Kanye spits with varied flows. I haven’t really seen a rap album this VARIED before. The question is can Kanye equal this album, cause Mr. West ain’t toppin it.

 


The following albums almost made the list
Rah Digga-Classic
NIcki Minaj- Pink Friday
Bun B-Trill O.G.
Fat Joe- The Darkside Vol 1.
Ice Cube- I am the West
Cassidy- C.A.S.H.

Thanks for reading. Be on the lookout for the best albums of 2012 Later this year

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area