Skip to main content

My Favorite R&B , Albums Part 3(10-1)


10)Lauryn Hill-The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill: Its no doubt that this album is a classic. U may wonder why it’s so far back. Well technically it’s not; it made my top ten. Some consider this a rap album, but its really not. The songs are an incredible mix of mostly singing and potent rapping.

 

9)Janelle Monae-The ArchAndroid: Janelle is an incredibly talented artist. This album is a concept album, and its executed extremely well. Just about every song is very entertaining. Some of songs really blend together. She also raps here and there too. The production is also good, with some super futuristic beats.

 

8)Frank Ocean-channel Orange : Frank Ocean’s debut album is a new favorite of mine. The album has incredible cohesion between the songs. “Thinkin About You” is great, but I really like “Pyramids” and “Lost”. Ocean paints vivid pictures with his lyrics, and his vocals are no joke either. It also surprised me that Tyler, the creator, did not show up on any songs. Perhaps that was a good thing.

 

7)Keyshia Cole-Just Like You: Keyshia’s 2nd album is her best, hands down. The album just has that classic yet Contemporary sound.  There’s nothin but quality songs here like “Let It Go”, “Heaven Sent” and “Shoulda Let You Go”. The guest list is pretty short as well which includes Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, and even T.I. and Young Dro.

 

6)Aaliyah(S.T.)-Aaliyah’s last album is her best in my opinion. The production from Tiimbaland is terrific and fresh. Aaliyah does her thing across this album. Concept wise its basic R&B but her vocal dexterity is very noteworthy. Highlights include “Rock the Boat”, “We Need a Resolution”, “What If”, and “More Than a Woman”

 

5)Toni Braxton(S.T.)-This is easily one of the best R&B albums ever made. Sure its old, but there’s no guest spots and Toni still does a great job. The song’s themes vary from in love songs to breakups. “Another Sad Love Song”  and “Breathe Again” are the best songs, but there’s plenty of great ones here.

 

4)Ne-Yo- In My Own Words: I remember when I first got this album. I wasn’t let down at all. This is his best album so far, I don’t know if he can make another album of this caliber(Even though the others are good too). “Sexy Love” is one of my favorite R&B song period. There’s a lot to like on this album, including the production. “Mirror” is another terrific song.

 

3)Usher-Confessions(Special Edition): Of course Usher’s best album would be in the top 5. There are so many quality songs here from “Burn” “Confessions Parts 1 and 2”, “Yeah” and “Caught Up”. This special edition also includes “My Boo” with Alicia Keys and personal favorite of mine, “Red Light”. Ursher baby!

 

2)Beyonce-B-day: Okay, let me be clear. This album could have been #1 but well…..there aren’t really any flaws here. Beyonce is in her prime and on point.  There’s “Ring the Alarm” and the ladies anthem “Irreplaceable” to keep us fellas in check. Then there’s 2 songs with Jay-z that are both very good( “DĂ©jĂ  vu” and Upgrade U). Then there’s an extended version of the Swizz Beatz produced “Get Me Bodied”. Ultimately this could be #1 but it will have to be 2nd place to me.

 

1)Amerie-In Love & War: Amerie’s latest album(which came out about 4 years ago) is excellent. Amerie’s is given incredible production, which is really evident in the album’s first  half. The album slows down in the 2nd half but every song is great. Guest include: Trey Songz, Fabolous, and Lil Wayne. “Why R U” is classic, but then again so is the bitter “Dear John”. I’m very surprised this album seemed to fly under the radar.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area