Skip to main content

My Top Rappers list for 2013(Combined)

As you know i had a previous post about the best rappers from earlier on in the year. Now ive compiled a non blogged list for the 2nd half...here's the list of my top favorite rappers.........Criteria is an album from late 2012-to late 2013 among other things like guest spots, and general popularity. Enjoy the dopeness. If i missed a rapper comment your pick(s).



  1. Eminem- I didnt know if Eminem had it in him, but he released the years best rap album. He just lyrically is above everyone else. Yes really. Eminem is an elite rapper who noone wants to beef with. Slimshady will continue to be a force in the rap game till he quits. 
  2. Kanye West-Mr. West is always up near the top of my lists. Yeezus is a great album, with minor flaws.Overall though, 2013 was a great year for Kanye. Personal life aside, i think Kanye is now an elite rapper just like Nas and Jay-z....and oh yeah #1.
  3. Drake- The new best rapper in Young Money is Drizzy. He really impressed me this year with NWTS. The album is almost perfectly balanced. Drake is popular, thats nothing new. Well he started from the bottom now he #3!
  4. Jay-z- The god MC seemed quite mortal this year. However MCHG was still a great album, and Jay proved he's still an elite rapper. My prediction in one more album for Jay, then he will retire. Who knows he may be on top of the list next time.
  5. J.Cole- Out of all the rappers on this list, nobody really impressed me like J.Cole. Not only is Born Sinner a better album than its predecessor, but he has elevated his skills. He is basically Nas mixed with Jay-z.....a hybrid rapper if you will. My prediction is J.Cole will tank a bit, but he'll be fine.
  6. Kendrick Lamar- Ah K.dot. Hes a great rapper, great rapper. He was on a lot of albums this year which boosted him to almost a top spot.  "Control" is the real reason hes up here. He reestablished competition in the rap game almost single handedly. I predict he will be #1 or #2  next year.
  7. Pusha T- He had a great 2013....and well even 2012. The G.O.O.D. music member actually put out an album better than Kanye's. However overall i dont feel Pusha is quite there yet. He will likely get better and crack my top 5 in 2014. I really don't know. One thing is for sure; PUSH GO HARD.
  8. Nas- Nasty Nas could be higher on the list but he didnt do a whole lot in 2013. His 2012 album was good enough to propell him to the top of one of my lists. Nas, like Jay-z is a hip hop elite and could easily go up on my next list.
  9. Killer Mike & El-P(Run the Jewels)- Who are these guys? They happen to be some of the best rappers of today. EL-P is a rapper/producer, and Killer Mike u know who that is. Their collabo album was a top 5 album this year. Peep Game. 
  10. Kid Cudi- After almost 3 years, KC dropped Indicud, an excellent album. However he hasn't really been as much as a force in rap like he was in 2009-2010. I really think Cudi will bomb in 2014, but after he finally releases Man on the Moon 3, he'll be right back to the top 10.
  11. 2 Chainz- A shocker to some but if you have been paying attention to the rap world, then expect this. 2 Chaniz makes hit songs, even if he doesn't have much lyrical dexterity. I really liked his latest album. I wonder can 2 Chainz get even more popular in 2014. "Ima be bloggin all day if the feds watchin!"
  12. Nicki Minaj-Say what u want, but Nicki has continued to reign at the top of the female rap scene for a while(like 3.5 years). She's made a lot of guest features in 2013. I really like Nicki's style. Its amazing how she promotes hard rhymes, yet comes off so sweet sometimes lol.s
  13. Rick Ross- Ricky Ross is up here again. God Forgives and I don't was good. However, Ross is up here due to his numerous guest spots. It appears there cant be Ross and 50 Cent in the rap game at the same time. What i mean is 50's career has bombed and Ross's continues to thrive. What will 2014 bring for the Miami rapper?
  14. Chance the Rapper- You may feel this new rapper should be higher up. After all his mixtape was really good. However I dont see him getting more popular till next year. I really enjoyed the creativity of Acid Rap. Chance is an interesting rapper, and still very young.
  15. Big Sean-IF there's was a most improved rapper award, Big Sean might win it. His latest album, Hall of Fame was pretty damn good. Kanye's disciple is a talented lyricist with a good ear for beats.
  16. Tech N9ne- Tech would be higher on this list but he just isnt all that popular.....despite making from what i've heard nothing but good music. Anyways I liked his new album, but there was a lot of competition this year. Also it seems he is really trying a lot of different sounds to be more marketable.
  17. Lil Wayne-It seems even after falling from the elite level, Lil Wayne is still good enough to make my lists. He's never really had a great subject matter but Weezy still is, in many ways the rapper other artists go to for a feature. I'm not sure how long that will last though.
  18. Tyler the Creator-Tyler has gotten better without question. He's toned things down a bit, but as his album Wolf is proved, it works. Tyler's beats about label mate Earl Sweatshirt. I just feel Tyler is way more exciting even tho Earl is good lyricist. 
  19. Wale- Wale did not disapoint me in 2013 like he did in 2011. But it seems the rapper is getting more efficient with his hit making ability. Unfortunately i dont see him getting any better but who knows.
  20. A$AP Rocky + A$AP Ferg-I combined these two since they are in the same group. These two are pretty decent rappers. I look forward to more music from Rocky and Ferg.

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area