Skip to main content

The Dragon Ball Z review-Saiyan Saga


Hey I'd like to take this time to talk about one of my favorite animes, Dragon Ball Z. This show has captivated me ever since I first saw it when I was ten years old. The show is really action packed. If you havent seen it yet, then i suggest you do. Im going to run through the saga quickly and give you some of my favoirite moments that I can remember from each saga. I am going to try not to include spoilers but sometimes you have to.



Saiyan Saga part 1:
This is the first saga. It starts fairly well. There is one villain, Raditz, who is Goku's older brother. I love how the events play out. Goku must work with a former villain, PIccolo, to defeat Raditz. Raditz probably would have won this fight, but Goku's son, Gohan gets pissed and attacks Raditz. Piccolo ends up charging up his special beam cannon and killing Raditz, who is restrained by Goku. The result is that the earth is saved, but Goku dies(for the first time out of many).
Score: 8/10

S Saga part 2: 
This where the show really gets good. This is arguably one of my favorite parts of the series. Evil Saiyans are coming to attack the earth. They come looking for Dragon Balls, which they found out about threw Raditz. Early on you have the good guys training hard to get ready for the Saiyans. Goku trains with King Kai.....Im not going into all the details. The Z fighters prove to be no match for Nappa and Vegeta. Nappa does all the fighting early on. He's a Big Brute type of fellow, while Vegeta is short and skinny, but the Z fighters notice that Vegeta is the more powerful of the two. Goku comes back and he races to the battlefield. However he cant get there before almost every good guy (Z fighter) gets killed. Only Gohan and Krillin(a cowardly fighter) end up being alive by the time Goku shows up. 

When Goku finally shows up, he kicks Nappa's a**. Nappa is unfortunately killed by Vegeta. This is where the show heats up. Goku finds out how tough Vegeta really is. The fight is incredible, but Goku almost wins. Then Vegeta does something to transform into...(Not spoiling it). With a combintation of help from Gohan and Krillin and this fat guy named Yajorobe..Vegeta is beaten. Goku is all messed up but he lets Vegeta live, which turns out to be a really good idea later. 
Score: 8.5/10

Saiyan Saga Score: 8/10I really like the S. Saiyan Saga. As great as it is....its still not as good as DBZ gets......

Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area