Skip to main content

Track by Track Review(for those of u wanting more) Kanye West-The Life of Pablo

Kanye West: The Life of Pablo
Track by Track Review
Ultralightbeam-This is an excellent opening track. It’s a gospel rap hybrid featuring Chance the Rapper and Kirk Franklin. The beat is nice too….Epic win. 9.5/10
Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1- The first part of a 2 part song. The first is better with an awesome hook from Kid Cudi. 9/10
Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2- Kanye is accompanied by a Future clone, Desiigner. Good lord hes a knock off. Nice song tho. Its more fast paced than part 1. 8.5/10
Famous-Rihanna accompanies Kanye on this banger. Swizz Beatz ad libs it; I’m assuming he did the beat. “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex….i  made that b*tch famous” raps Kanye. The end of the song with the sample is fire. 9.5/10
Feedback-This sounds like a song off of Yeezus. It has a chilling beat, and a choppy flow from Kanye. The end is so funny; I wont spoil it here. 8/10
Low Lights- The gospel theme continues here. This lady just talks the whole time. The beat is cool tho, and Its nice to see Kanye get back to skits. 7/10
High Lights- Okay so u see Young Thug on this track,and think…it’s going to suck ass, but no its hot. Kanye delivers here, even if the punchlines are really silly. I think the Dream is on this song too. 8.5/10
Freestyle 4-This song is fire. It sounds like it could be on Yeezus or the Dark Fantasy beat wise, but lyrically its just silly. However this works for Mr. West and his Future clone Desiigner. 8.5/10
I Love Kanye-Kanye addressed his haters here, even if it is subliminally. 7/10
Waves-This is a majestic sounding song featuring a lot of Chris Brown and not enough Kanye. The beat is fire. 9/10
FML-An interesting song featuring the Weekn’d. It sounds like a 808’s and Heartbreak song..sort of…The album seems to have something for all Kanye fans. 9/10
Real Friends-One of the best songs here. Ty Dolla $ign lends his talents. It’s a mellow song but the verses and hook are strong. 9.5/10
Wolves- A strange and chilling song. The beat is hot but Kanye’s verses don’t really make much sense. The Frank Ocean vesrse at the end is dope .8/10
Silver Surfer Intermission- A stupid interlude. 5.5/10
30 Hours-The first half of this song is dope…but the 2nd half is just Kanye rambling. There should have been a fire verse from 3stacks…ah well. The song is still really moving tho. 9/10
No More Parties in LA-My personal favorite track…NMPiLA is fire. Its got Kendrick Lamar on it. I’ve always wanted to hear the young juggernaut on the track with an all time great. Kanye raps up a storm here. I wonder why he didn’t bring this intensity to other tracks…10/10
Facts- Facts is a nice freestyle track…He sounds like Drake here, but honestly it works. The new beat is pretty dope as well. 8.5/10

Fade-A dope track with Ty again and Post Malone. Its just a classic club sounding song. The beat is so cool. 9/10


Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area