Skip to main content

Best Rapper Ever Tournament Round 1 (Bracket A)

 Seed 1) Kanye West vs. Seed 8)Young Jeezy
Flow: Both rappers have improved flows. I’m going to say that this is a tie. (5,5)
Creativity: Kanye takes this easily. He’s one of the more creative rappers of all time. (15,5)
Storytelling: This isn’t so clear cut, but again Kanye wins….. (25,5)
Impact: I think this is a tie. Both rappers have been very influential to the game. While Kanye is more of a pop rapper, Jeezy is a trap rap founder. (30,10)
Collab: I’m giving this one to Jeezy. He rarely ever never shows up as a guest artist on a track. (30,20)
Versatility: I’m really feeling Kanye here. Both rappers are pretty versatile, but Mr. West is one of the most versatile rappers. (40,20)
Albums: This one is rather clear cut, although Jeezy’s albums are all pretty damn good. Kanye’s albums are just overall better minus 808s and Heartbreak (50,20)
Comm. Success: Well Jeezy sells well, but you know Kanye takes this one….he’s very commercially successful. (60,20)
With 60 points Kanye easily defeats Young Jeezy and moves on to round 2.


Seed 2) Kendrick Lamar vs. Seed 7) Big Pun
Flow: Tie. Both rappers excel here. (5,5)
Creat: I have to give the edge to K.dot here. Albeit not by much. (15,5)
Story: Another tie. I feel Big Pun is also a great storyteller. He and Kdot are very good here. (20,10)
Imp: I’m actually going to give this one to Pun….although this is mostly a nostalgic edge for Pun. (20,20)
Collab: This easily goes to Kendrick breaking the tie. However BP wasn’t bad as a guest either…. (30,20)
Vers: Tie. I feel both rappers are very versatile with the kind of songs they make. (35,25)
Albums: Kdot, but not by much surprisingly. Pun’s albums were great, but Kdot makes some of the best in hip hop. (45,25)
CommSuc: Kdot wins another category….but hey Pun couldn’t catch up at this point. (55,25)

King Kendrick defeats Pun pretty easily after being tied after Impact.

Seed 3) Ludacris vs. Seed 6) Nicki Minaj
Flow: I’m going to say that both rappers are pretty good flow wise, but Luda seems to be a little more potent. (10,0)
Creat: Things are a lil tricky here. I’m actually going to give this to Nicki Minaj. I feel her songs have stood out a little more amongst her peers. (10,10)
Story: TBH, neither rapper is that great here, so I’m just going to give it to both. (15,15)
Imp: Hmm, Luda inspired many rappers I’m sure, but there’s no denying that Nicki has inspired many female mcs. It’s another tie. (20,20)
Collab: Both rappers have been on many other artist’s songs. I feel both have been really good so again it’s a tie! (30,30)
Vers: This is where you have to really understand what VERSATILITY means. Both are versatile, sure, but Luda isn’t that great at making all types of rap songs. He’s great when he stays in his lane(for party tracks for example). Nicki isn’t much better, but she takes this category. (30,40)
Albums: This may seem a little unfair to Nicki, but Luda wins this…but not by that much. Nicki has yet to put out a bad album, but none of hers to date have been spectacular. (40,40)
ComSuc: Because we have a tie up till here let’s examine here…Nicki’s albums have sold a wopping 7million which is pretty staggering. Luda has more albums to date and has sold about 11million. Hmm album sales aren’t all I’m looking at tho. Nicki has had more success…especially later in her career. Luda has kinda fizzled out…She wins again…. (40,50)

Nicki Minaj wins a tough one with 50 points over Ludacris. I guess you could call this an upset. However she’s probably the most dominant female rapper of all time.

Seed 4) Ghostface Killah vs. S5) Common
Flow: I can already tell this will be a tough matchup. I’m giving flow to GK, I feel he’s a little bit more proficient here. (10,0)
Creat: I feel Common has the edge here. Only a few rappers like maybe Talib Kweli make music like Chi Town’s Nas. (10,10)
Story: It’s a tie here. Both rappers are great story tellers. Albeit they have very different stories they tell. (15,15)
Imp: I think…its another tie. I feel both of these two have had a big impact on the rap game. (20,20)
Collab: GK wins this one..why? Just listen to him on most any song he’s featured on. He’s a little more impressive than Common there. (30,20)
Vers: oooo a close one, but Common gets the nod here. He seems to excel on most any type of song. A pretty versatile conscious rapper vs.  a versatile gangsta rapper. (30,30)
Albums: Got dayum this is tough. I feel its…another tie. Both rappers have a dope disc. Really. Common has been more dominant lately, but GK was more dominant about 15 years ago or so. (40,40)
ComSuc: Welp, I’m giving this category to Common. Again this is hard to call. He’s got 3 Gold albums. GK has a platinum album and a gold one. His latest albums haven’t sold well however. (40,50)

Common, Chi Town’s Nas wins barely with 50 points. That’s it for Bracket A’s first round!



Popular posts from this blog

My Top Rappers of All Time List

30) Rick Ross (7.7) Essential Album: Teflon Don Starting off the list is Ricky Rossay. Ross has great delivery and a lot of good albums. He scores really high in the versatility category. Ross’s pen game has definitely gotten better from when he debuted in 2006 with Port of Miami. Ross’s biggest flaws were his storytelling and impact. Otherwise solid MC.     29) Young Jeezy (7.8) Essential Album: The Recession Another dirty south MC. Jeezy is one of my favorite rappers. He has a lot of good albums with no real duds. He does have the best ad libs in the game. His collaboration and versatility are high. He really brings the heat on his features. Storytelling and Impact weren’t that high but hey; hes tied with the next rapper.   28) Nicki Minaj (7.8) EA: The Pinkprint Arguably the most dominant female rapper of all time. Nicki really shines when features on others tracks. She usually steals the show like on Kanye West’s “Monster” song. She’s also really versatile; able to sing also and

My Favorite R&B Albums (as 2023 list)

Here are my favorite R&B albums. I'm not gonna do the countdown....I'm just going to list them. The last time I did a list like this was 2013. 1.       Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad- As her best album and the album that made her a star…it’s only right that as my favorite singer Rihanna takes the title. GGGB isn’t a perfect album but I love it. There’s a little something for everyone here. The smooth “Lemme Get That”, the party anthem “Don’t Stop the Music”, and the jam “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z. “Hate that I love You” featuring Ne-Yo is really good too. This album is just always a blast to listen to. 2.       Amerie-In Love & War- When I made this list about 10 years ago, this was the number one album. I love this album so much. I was considering her “Because I Love it” album for this list too, but I don’t really go back to that one that much. This album is just a flamethrower of R&B execution. That first half is great with songs like : “Heard Em All”, “Why R U”, and

My Favorite Rap Albums (As of 2024) List

1.       Kanye West-Graduation -Coming in at number one we have Kanye’s 3 rd  album. Sure it’s not his best or flashiest but damnit I love it so much. Listening to this album just gives me so much joy honestly. “Champion” is a great song, then there’s a fan favorite pick “I Wonder”. I do think the lyrically dense “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” is the best track. Who could forget the smooth “Flashing Lights”. It really amazing that Kanye was able to create another great soundscape that sounded very different than College Dropout and Late Registration. Honestly this album isn’t my favorite by leaps and bounds over the top 10; but its certainly still my favorite rap album. 2.       Ludacris-Word of Mouf- Coming in at number 2 is Ludacris. I think this album is his best while others may say Release Therapy or Chicken & Beer. Fun fact this was the first album I ever bought. Sure there’s some filler…but this album has a lot of Ludacris’s best tracks on it. There’s “Rollout”, “Move Bitch”, “Area