Skip to main content

Video Game Review: Marvel's Spiderman 2

 I just beat Spider-Man 2 last night. Omg it was so good. The combat felt and traversal felt better than the first game . However the story wasn’t really as good. The game is open world throughout basically the same New York as the first game which is cool.




The game lets you play as Peter Parker and Miles Morales. Both are similar but have different special attacks. At first Peter has the mechanical arms from the marvel movies. But later he gets the black symbiotic suite. It’s very powerful and plays a role in the late game. Miles has electric attacks and they’re very potent. He can turn invisible too but I often forgot I could do that. 

You also get access to upgradable gadgets like the upshot that really help out a lot in battle. This game has quite a bit of enemy variety too. Early in the game you’ll be facing alot of Kraven’s hunters. There’s a lot of different types. There’s just regular dudes, shooters, snipers, shield wielding ones, and sword wielding ones. The sword guys gave me a lot of trouble early on till I learned how to parry. Also there are these cultists that call themselves The Flame. They have their own side story that I won't spoil here but it was very fleshed out.

Parrying is a great new mechanic as well as the web wings. With just a touch of the button you can glide around. Some enemy attacks cannot be parried and just have to be dodged. It kind of reminded me of God of War and its sequel's system. I found the game to be pretty lengthy. I did do some side quests tho. There are tougher enemies too that you’ll encounter. Some you’ll have to parry or use gadgets to take out. On rare occasions you'll see the other Spiderman fighting enemies so you can tag team enemies which is always fun.




The story wasnt as good as the first but it’s not bad. Without getting into major spoilers: the hunters invade the city and start attacking and killing the former villains of the past games. The game starts with an exciting boss fight against Sandman. Later you’ll fight the Lizard aka Doctor Connors. There’s some other bosses too like Kraven. The final boss tho is an absolute guantlet. Even tho there’s check points I wouldn’t recommend going in until you have full upgraded health. 

I really liked this game. The main characters of Peter, Miles, Mary Jane, and Harry Osborne were all cool and integral to the story. I made it this far in the review without talking about the MJ missions.....yeah they're here but not quite as bad as they were in the first Spiderman game. She doesn't feel as helpless lol. But yeah I'm not sure what score I'd give the first game but I really liked this one also. If you can get it pick this one up!


Verdict 9.4


Popular posts from this blog

Doja Cat Albums Worst to Best

 Doja Cat has been one of my favorite rapper/singers of the past few years. Let's see which albums are the best from her. 5) Amala (88)- Doja’s first album is honestly pretty damn good. You can tell she was still refining her sound tho on this. The last 3 songs “Juicy”, “Tia Tamera”, and “Mooo” are so good. “Candy” is another banger. The album is really well balanced being pretty much good in all areas but not really great in any tho. Favorite Track: Mooo. 4) Scarlet (90)- Believe it or not, this was an album I was on the fence about getting. I’m glad I got it. This is a rap heavy album but there’s still plenty of singing here and there. “Demons” and “F**k the GIrls” are Doja at her roughest. “Attention” was a great single. “Agora Hills” is a nice cute track. The monster single “Paint the Town Red” is the best track however. This album wa a big departure for her, but for the most part it paid off. Fav. Track Paint the Town Red. 3) Vie (92)- This was Doja returning to her pop roots,...

Video Game Review: Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

 I happened to beat this game recently for the first time in I was just in awe at how epic this game is. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 Remake (which I played on the ps4). This game was a ps5 exclusive however. I know I needed a ps5 if I was gonna play it. And last year I made that happen. This is a continuation of the story of Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and Barrett as they fight against the Shinra Corporation and the evil Sephiroth. I'll try not spoil much. When the game starts you play as Zack who is a solider like Cloud. You saw Zack at the end of Remake. Basically story wise there is another dimension in this game and you play as Zach in it here and there. There is a relationship meter that the main character Cloud has with every party member….answering certain questions one way or another will change the relationship. I found this to be a cool touch that the first game barely had any resemblance of. The game's graphics are outstanding and characters look ...

Kanye West Albums Ranked (2026 Revision)

16) Vultures 2 (72)- It should be no surprise this album is the worst of the bunch. It just comes off as lazy and uninspired most of the time. The production is decent tho. “Bomb” features Yuno Miles and his daughters: North and Chicago West…..and it's really corny. “Husband” is just god awful. I don’t know what he was going for with that one! “Fried” is pretty dope tho….and you can see the potential of “530”. 15) Donda 2 (75) - I haven’t had a lot of time to sit with this one. It’s not that bad tho…in fact it’s kind of average. I really like “City of God” which features Alicia Keys and Five Foreign. Sure lyrically its not great but the production again isn’t bad. Ultimately I feel like this has little to do with the first Donda album…. 14) 808s and Heartbreak (83) - You may be shocked to see this still near the bottom of his discography. While I bumped the score up a little from last time, I still feel 808’s isn’t all that. I love “Heartless” as it’s probably the best song. “Love...